My daughter tagged me and I'm supposed to update someone I haven't seen in 15 years and tell them what's been going on in my life. I only get to tell you 10 things. Hmmmmm....... 15 years ago I was 35, my children were 11 and 9 and I had been married for 15 years. A LOT has happened since then....
- Both of my children graduated from high school and went on to college. My daughter graduated in 2003 from Point Loma Nazarene University and my son graduated in 2006 from the University of California San Diego. My son is due to finish a dual Masters program in Counseling Psychology and Religious Studies this December.
- I am still married to my best friend and soul mate. We will celebrate our 30th anniversary in November. My daughter was engaged to the wrong guy, woke up and got rid of him, fell in love with the right guy and married him in 2003. My son is dating a beautiful girl who we all know is "the one."
- My daughter had an adorable baby boy in 2006, which makes me a Grandma! He is more fun than I could have ever imagined. I want more!!!!
- For our 25th wedding anniversary we went to Oahu and Kauai for 11 days. We had so much fun that we took my son and his girlfriend to Maui for his college graduation in 2006 and my daughter and her family to Kauai in 2007.
- We consider Lake Tahoe our Heaven on Earth. In the last 15 years we have been there 7 times and are going back again next month. Everyone gets to go. I can't wait.
- Between August 2002 and February 2003, I lost 29 pounds. I'm happy to say that I've kept it off.
- We are officially Empty-Nester's and we love it! Of course, if one of our children needed to come home we would welcome them with open arms, but there is something to be said for having the house all to ourselves.
- About 15 years ago we changed churches and it was the best thing that ever happened to our family. My children were involved in AWANA. They were part of a fantastic youth program and we have made some amazing friends through our small groups. (Including the friend who, when she did this, had to list 11 things...cuz, well she's just like that.) Our whole family has grown in leaps and bounds spiritually since we started worshipping at this church.
- I still love mushroom pizza, chocolate-mint or coffee ice cream and. if I'm going to eat fast food, In & Out or McDonald's still tops my list. (I worked at McDonald's during high school and Mac sauce is addicting.)
- I'm not working right now. Last September, I left the job I had had since 1991. I have no plans to work in the near future. Since my daughter moved to "that other state", last November, I like being free to visit or to enjoy her visits. Huge thanks to my hubby for seeing it the same way! I love you!
Wow! When I read over this list and realize how much has happened in 15 years, I am humbled to see just how blessed I've been. Would someone please tag me again in 15 years?
If you don't blog....use your MySpace.