Friday, January 30, 2009

Big News!!!

I am going to be a grandma again! I am so excited! I want to tell everyone that I know. Heck, I want to tell people that I don't know!

My daughter and her husband were contacted by their adoption agency yesterday and told that a birth mom was interested in them. To read the whole story read my daughter's blog. She tells the story way better then I ever could. I can vouch for the part where she bumps into me coming back into the house though. She literally was a whirlwind blowing through the kitchen very animatedly saying, "there's a birth mom who picked us and she's due reeeaaallllyyyy soon." All I had done was walk outside to take the trash out and in those 15 seconds this all happened!

I believe that God is in control of this adoption process start to finish. I see that so clearly in the fact that my daughter was already here in So. Cal. and that's where the birth mom is. I even think that her 'touch of the flu' was to keep her right at home where she needed to be yesterday.

Today, in true Grandma fashion, I couldn't help myself. I had to take my daughter shopping to buy cute little baby outfits. Sure, there's a chance that the birth mom could change her mind or she might decide that my daughter and her husband are entirely too weird for her :) OR the baby could decide that he's a she. The ultrasound was done very early on and mistakes have been known to happen. But, when we went shopping they were having an incredible sale. All winter newborn clothes were on clearance. Today they were 60% off of the clearance prices. Well, any grandson of mine needs cute clothes. Right? Don't you agree? Due to the sale, $145.00worth of clothes were purchased for $46.00.

We pray for God's will in the next weeks and months and we want what is best for this new little boy. While we pray that he is supposed to be part of OUR family, we know that God has the ultimate plan.

All I have to say is that if he joins our family....let the loving and spoiling begin.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited for you!!! Babies are such a blessing! Especially baby boys. Congratulations!!!!

heidi said...

SO excited!!! i've been thinking about you guys all day today. praying that all will go as planned and that it IS indeed a boy so those darling clothes won't have to be returned :)