Thursday, June 19, 2008

That's NOT Unconditional Love

Tonight, while sitting in the spa, I was acting goofy. I was asking my husband ridiculous questions like:

Me: "What would I have to give you to get you to wear toenail polish in public?".

Him: "There's absolutely nothing you could give me to embarass myself like that."

Me: "Aren't you comfortable enough with your masculinity to suck it up? What if I dare you?"

Him: Dirty look....."No.....don't even think it."

So, I try a different game. I start making faces and asking him if my face froze in different positions would he still love me? The following exchange took place with one particularly odd looking contorted face:

Me: "Would you still love me if I looked like this?"

Him: "Yes, but I'd put you in a home."

Hmmm.....so much for unconditional love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if Dad won't wear nail polish yet, then clearly Lori and I have not put him through enough embarrassment yet. I smell mosquito garb and strange noises in his future. Isn't that Would-You-Still-Love-Me game fun? If Heather ever asks me that, I say, "No, but we could still be friends." I'm terrible, I know.