Friday, March 6, 2009

Please Continue To Pray


If you read my daughter's blog then you know that the, 'you are not the dad.....yes I am the dad,' alledged birth father of my new grandson is still making noise. As of this second he hasn't filed anything formal, but he hasn't gone away yet either.

When we got the news that he was still in the picture I instantly had this verse going through my head over and over:

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I KNOW that the Holy Spirit laid that verse on my heart for a reason. It doesn't mean that this will turn out the way we want it, but it does mean that HE has plans for Matthew that will prosper him and give him a hope and a future. HE loves this little boy more than we do, so, imagine how fiercely HE will protect him!

The other verse that instantly came to my mind is Matthew 6:27 -

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

And Matthew 6:34-

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own."

We will love Matthew each and every day. We will not worry about whether tomorrow will be different. All we have is today.

Continue to pray for us. We really appreciate it.

3 comments:

heidi said...

i pray for you guys every time i think of you throughout the day. so glad you're finding peace and strength through His promises.

Crayl said...

I do remember those verses, often. Praying too,

Unknown said...

I admire your strength in faith right now and will continue to prayer for all of you. Those are absolutely perfect verses to hold close.