Tuesday, December 2, 2008

See Ya!

Just wanted to let you know that I won't be around for a few days. I'm going to visit my daughter and her family in 'that other state' that they live in for a week.

I'm very excited. I get to see the new house they moved into. We are going to go Christmas shopping. We are going to try and get my grandson to visit Santa. I'm not sure how that will go, but it's worth a try.

I've never left Hubby for longer than a weekend. He's left me to go on backpack trips, but I've never left him for this long. This morning, I made him a meatloaf that should last him a couple of days. I froze leftover turkey and mashed potatoes after Thanksgiving. There is plenty of stuff to go with both. Seriously, he is a good cook, perfectly capable of taking care of himself, but for some reason I feel a little guilty making him come home to an empty house each night. I even bought him candy for the Santa candy dish. It will be interesting to see who gets blamed for eating it all when I won't even be home.....lol.

I might post something from my daughter's, but we might be too busy. Hopefully, she will post and you can catch up on us there. If you see my hubby wandering around the neighborhood, or at church, looking lost, give him a hug from me.

See you all soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Look at me. I go on vacations all the time. I'm retired and have nothing to do. La di da. Lucky!