Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Off To Tahoe We Go......

I know, I know....that is not how the song is supposed to go, but it's how my song is going to go. I can't wait. My daughter and I have been calling each other for over a week asking if we packed the car then could we get there any faster? We are blessed this year that the entire family will be able to be there. Some of us longer than others, but we will all be together for five days. Some dear friends of ours are driving up one day. We are very excited to see them as they are some of our favorite people. My cousin and family from Reno will be coming up one day also, because it's tradition. We always eat too much and catch up on each other's lives. Family, friends and Lake Tahoe. It doesn't get any better than that. So, I won't post for a couple of weeks, but I promise to post some pictures when we get back that aren't all old and brown.

My grandson and my son's girlfriend have never been to the lake and we are looking forward to showing them all the things that we love so much.

We haven't been to the cabin in four years. Two years ago my hubby and I went up to the Lake in the fall and stayed in a condo at Kingsbury. It was beautiful, but it wasn't the little cabin :o)

I wish I could really put into words what it is about Lake Tahoe that I love so much. I think that when I sit under the pine trees, feeding the blue jays, if I listen really hard, I can still hear the little voices of my children playing in the yard. When I'm inside the cabin, I'm the new bride experiencing Lake Tahoe for the first time. When I sit and look out at the Lake I seem to feel God's presence in a heightened way. When I hike to Eagle Lake there aren't words to describe how beautiful God's world is. It's a place where my body, mind and soul all seem to be rejuvenated.It's a quiet place for me. A place for praising my Savior for all that I have and all that I am. It's that place where the Holy Spirit always seem to meet me and it's the place where I don't seem to be too busy for Him. Lake Tahoe truly is my heaven on earth.

4 comments:

Crayl said...

We are so excited to come visit you!! 9And see the lake, we love the lake too)

Anonymous said...

Um, about that whole new bride thing...gross. Hehe, just kidding. Or, maybe not. Yay Tahoe!

Anonymous said...

I'm super excited I get to go and finally see it! I can't wait!!!!!

Dena said...

beautiful post

jealous crayl gets to go and i don't.

jon's comment, too funny.....

have such a great time!