Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Conversation With The Rock Star

My grandson, The Rock Star, who is 3 1/2 years old says some of the funniest things. He cracks me up on an hourly basis. One of the things he has taken to doing while he has been visiting is wanting to play 'tickle bellies.' Usually, the way this works is that he lays on my lap and I rub his tummy. He will lay really still for quite a while. It seems to relax him. Recently, he has taken to wanting to do the same thing to me. Only problem is that he doesn't tickle my stomach, he kneads it with sharp fingernails, but then that's another story. The other morning he asked me if we could "play tickle bellies." He decided that he needed to lay his head on my stomach. Then we had the following conversation:

Rock Star: I think I just heard celery.
Me: What are you talking about?
Rock Star: I heard humping (something) crunchy.
Me: Oh you did did you?
Rock Star: Yep, and now I hear cereal.
Me: What does cereal sound like?
Rock Star: Hounds (sounds) like it's in milk.
Me: Okay
Rock Star: Now I hear a box of macaroni and cheese.
Grandpa: Did grandma eat the box?
Rock Star: Yes, her did.

Gotta love that kid.

2 comments:

ⒿⒶⓃⓔⓉ said...

so cute =)

Heather said...

ha ha I luv it! I'm excited for the days when Easton is talking like that...wait...maybe I don't want him to grow up that fast. I can wait. I would however like him to grow out of the head banging stage!