Saturday, October 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUBBY!!!!!

We have been having a lot of fun around here lately. First we celebrated my and son and his girlfriend's engagement. My daughter and family were visiting from "that other state" and today is my husband's birthday. It's his 50th!!! (He probably would have been just fine without me sharing that., but I can't resist).


This picture was taken last weekend when my son got engaged. Isn't he cute for being 50?



I have known my husband for as long as I can remember. When I first started blogging I posted about how he is my soul mate and I can't imagine my life without him. Fact is, I've known him for so long that I can't really remember my life without him. Either that, or I'm just too old to remember......lol.

His turning 50 is really exciting, because he is eligible to retire. He probably won't for a couple of more years, but he could if he wanted to, or if circumstances at work prompted him to. He loves his job, so I don't see it happening, but he could and somehow that is empowering. He has worked so hard and we always talked about when he turned 50 and the ball was in his court. How awesome is it that the ball really, truly is in his court?

We celebrated his birthday when our daughter and family were in town. All of us met for dinner. His big gift is a Mexican cruise. We are leaving next weekend for that. Today he is spending his birthday painting the outside of the house. I tried to get him to spend the day doing something else, but anyone who knows him, knows that I lost that battle. :0)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Hubby! I love you!

1 comment:

Crayl said...

Happy birthday to Mr. Crustationmallot. :)